Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Know It Now

Music by Oli Hayhurst
Lyrics and vocals by Barney Brown

My occupation watching satellites
And dropping things from heights
Creates conclusions that some things are wrong
And laws like to hide
Kinematics are in
And so are pendulums
They swing they swing, they swing, they swing they swing
And then I write down how much they swing.
And now they say they've found a way
Of looking at things far away
Closer to your eyes
Telescope
Know it now
The gulf I've seen between your dream and mine
The world, this solid world moves free
I didn't set out to fool anyone
With geocentric talk
I have preferred to use reason and sense
To lazy loose thoughts
I'm the father of science
Astronomy as well
My beliefs, the heresy that you see
Has left me locked up and so it ends
Copernicus,
He spoke for us, you shout and cuss, because
The world, this solid world moves free
Copernicus
He screams for us and still you cuss, because
The world, this solid world moves free
Copernicus
He teaches us, you preached to us, because
The world, this solid world moves free
Know it now
Instinct will show what is below us now
The world is moving round the world

No comments: